The general purpose of a homeowner’s association or HOA is to oversee the care and maintenance of the properties within the community by setting specific rules and regulations that every homeowner or renter must follow. A company that provides such services as HOA management in Los Angeles, on the other hand, assigns an HOA or property manager to help the HOA fulfill its duties and responsibilities.
HOA duties and responsibilities
An HOA is usually established by the property developer, which basically means individuals and families looking to buy a property within the HOA-managed community automatically become members once the purchase is finalized. But it’s not only property buyers that become automatic members of the HOA. Renters too become members if the property they are renting is within an HOA-managed community.
On that note, here are the general duties and responsibilities of an HOA:
- Set rules and regulations to ensure properties, including common areas and properties, are well-maintained
- Collect association dues and other fees
- Keep track of finances, from dues and fees collected to ensuring there is an emergency fund for unforeseen events, and other relevant finance-related functions
- Enforce association rules and regulations, and make sure compliance is 100%
- Keep up to date with local and federal rules and laws regarding HOAs
- Maintain community standards to create a positive impression, which helps increase or maintain property values
- Investigate and resolve complaints and disputes between neighbors, and between the HOA and a homeowner (if applicable)
- Ensure the safety and security of the community
- Provide emergency assistance to homeowners, particularly natural disasters, or calamities
These are basically the general functions of an HOA. Depending on the location, residential community (single-family homes, condominiums, or apartments), HOAs may enforce additional rules or provide additional services.
Los Angeles HOA Management Services
Los Angeles is one of the most diverse cities in California and, arguably, the country. Communities comprise mixed-race, mix income demographics, which is why most homeowners’ associations here choose to hire the services of a company that specializes in both property and HOA management in Los Angeles.
In nutshell, a company that provides both property and Los Angeles HOA Management services offers the following:
- Assist the Board of Directors in the day-to-day functions of the HOA
- Select vendors and suppliers to help reduce costs
- Oversee finances of the HOA, which include collecting and delinquency services
- Perform random site inspections to ensure properties are well-maintained
- Help enforce HOA rules and regulations, specifically CC&Rs and by-laws
- Ensure that every homeowner actively participates in HOA-related activities
- Oversee large construction and reconstruction projects
- Provide 24-hour emergency assistance
So Cal Property Enterprises, Inc. specializes in property and HOA management in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego County, San Bernardino County, Inland Empire, and Riverside County.
Apart from the services mentioned above, So Cal Property Enterprises also provides the following assistance:
- Respond to homeowner’s requests in a prompt manner
- Provide a concise and written reports about the HOA’s essential activities, requests from the Board of Directors and homeowners, and other relevant event
- Provide a copy of the minutes of Board meetings to all members
- Attend monthly meetings of the Board of Directors
Want to learn more about HOA management in Los Angeles? Please feel free to browse our blog page. For questions, you may call us at (951) 270-3700.